Practice news from August 4 and 5
Posted by cuorange on August 6, 2009
Most of this has been read and reread by most of the readers of this blog, and not wanting to bore you to tears with “interesting” information from practice, I’ll add a little commentary every couple of days and post articles as relevant events (like injuries or a starting QB being named) occur.
Here is an account from the Greenville News and here is one from the Charleston Post and Courier for August 4. The upshot is:
- Jacoby Ford tweaked a previously injured hamstring. If this lingers it could cause problems as he is the only real experience at WR and the only known deep threat.
- J.K. Jay has a bulging disk in his back. If the injury does not improve he may be looking at surgery and being out 4-6 weeks. Not what an iffy OL needs.
- Jamie Cumbie missed practice due to a “minor” academic issue. Something to keep an eye on.
- C.J. Spiller dropped a couple of punts.
- Andre Ellington is being praised by a team mate as being a “special player” and “electric”.
This is what I take from these reports:
- It appears that Bryce McNeal likely won’t contribute this fall as he may not be physically ready.
- Ricky Sapp is 95% healthy.
- Cory Lambert and Landon Walker continue to battle for the right tackle position. Walker started 10 games there a year ago.